T: (713) 961-9045
F: (713) 961-5341
Cavyn Sanders is a Texas licensed attorney who maintains a general litigation practice with an emphasis on business and shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, disputes concerning real and/or commercial property, trust and fiduciary litigation, and will contests. Likewise, Cavyn routinely assists individuals and corporations alike in matters involving shareholder oppression, asset purchase agreements, deceptive trade practices, and breach of fiduciary duty in both state and federal courts throughout the country.
Cavyn takes a pragmatic approach to legal matters, and he believes this approach often leads to favorable results for his clients without requiring them to expend large sums on legal fees. Cavyn has utilized this approach for the benefit of his clients in a wide range of matters, including: working alongside other lawyers and oil and gas professionals in negotiating the acquisition of 125,000+ acres of mineral assets (valued at over $25,000,000.00) in the Eagle Ford Shale, resolving numerous legal disputes valued at over $1,000,000.00, and obtaining victories in will contests valued at over $5,000,000.00 without the necessity of trial.
Cavyn believes it is his duty to serve the less fortunate. As such, Cavyn has devoted significant time in pro bono services to those who otherwise couldn’t afford competent legal assistance. He frequently serves the homeless and destitute at various soup kitchens throughout the city and often tries to lend a helping hand to inner city schools undergoing beautification projects.
- Obtained a favorable verdict, including attorney’s fees, in Montgomery County, Texas on behalf of the contestant in a six figure will contest.
- Obtained a favorable verdict, including attorney’s fees, in Harris County, Texas on behalf of a defendant/counterclaimant Oil & Gas machine fabricator in a matter involving claims of breach of contract and fraud.
- Obtained a favorable verdict, including well over six figures in attorney’s fees, in Montgomery County, Texas on behalf of the defendant in a seven figure will contest.
- Obtained a summary judgment on behalf of a defendant in a will contest for an estate valued at over $10 Million.
- Obtained a favorable ruling, vacating the previous grant of numerous summary judgments, on behalf of a landowner suing numerous sand mining companies in property damage litigation involving allegations of flooding due to unlawful alteration of flood waters.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in an oil & gas royalty dispute valued at over $1 Million.
- Obtained a favorable six figure settlement on behalf of a plaintiff wrongfully injured at a major Houston hospital.
- Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a local oil and gas machine fabricator suing for breach of an asset purchase agreement.
- Obtained a dismissal of claims of defamation under the Texas Citizens Participation Act.
- Obtained a dismissal of claims on behalf of a local printing company against claims of misappropriation of trade secrets and tortious interference with an existing contract.
- Richard Swaim, Individually and as Administrator of the Estate of Karen Swaim v. Nannette Real Estate Holdings, LLC, et al; 01-19-0065-CV (Houston [1st] Court of Appeals, filed 1/29/19)
- In Re Rhame & Gorrell Wealth Management, LLC, Relator; 09-18-00431-CV (Beaumont, filed 11/19/2018)
- Shouldice v. Van Hamersveld, et al; 09-18-00355-CV (Beaumont, filed 9/13/18)
- Benders Landing Estates HOA v. LGI Land LLC; 09-16-00183-CV (Beaumont, filed 5/25/16)
- Kohlhausen v. Baxendale; 01-15-00901-CV (Houston [1st] Court of Appeals, filed 10/23/15).